Selling a house has many phases, but what many people do not understand is that the hard work begins AFTER the house goes under contract. This is where you need a strong Realtor, and even better, a real estate team, where people are specializing in managing each part of the process. I wanted to share with you just a few things we need to keep a close eye on, as we work toward a smooth closing.
- Contracts and all addenda are completed and sent to lender and attorney
- Due diligence and earnest money checks are collected and distributed to correct parties
- Inspections begin. Home, pest, radon, well and septic, whatever is applicable and what the type of loan warrants
- Repair negotiations take place and are agreed upon
- Contractors are hired and repairs are managed and completed
- Appraiser is scheduled and appraisal is completed
- A home warranty is ordered and put in place
- The final walk-thru is done a couple of days before the closing
- Settlement documents are reviewed and approved
- Closing Day!!
Contract to Close Coordinator for The Key Team